Java as a language is poised for big changes.
OpenJDK adoption is at an all-time high, and the pace of JDK enhancement proposals are bringing proposed improvements and added functionality to the language faster than ever.
But are these proposed changes taking Java into a new renaissance era? Or will developers continue to hold out for the next Java 8?
JDK Enhancement Proposals and the State of OpenJDK in 2020
In this two-part webinar series, Michael Rasmussen, Java evangelist and Product Manager at JRebel, and Justin Reock, ex-Chief Evangelist for OSS and APIs at Perforce Software, will discuss the state of Java — including in-depth discussions on JDK Enhancement Proposals, the state of OpenJDK, and Oracle’s changing role within the Java ecosystem.
A Java Renaissance: OpenJDK in 2020
The webinar above covers:
- OpenJDK adoption in 2020 and how it’s impacting dependent technologies.
- How the OpenJDK release cycle is affecting the Java ecosystem.
- The future of Java and the role OpenJDK will continue to play.
A Java Renaissance: JDK Enhancement Proposals
The first webinar of the series covered:
- The increased rate of JDK enhancement proposals.
- How JDK enhancement proposals are shaping Java as a language.
- What to expect in the upcoming JDK 14 release.
Get OpenJDK Support
Get support for the latest OpenJDK. Get in touch with an OpenLogic expert to learn how we can help you adopt OpenJDK and get ready for the future of Java.