MySQL and PostgreSQL Training
Training from OpenLogic on MySQL and Postgres is ideal for operators and administrators of open source databases. In this one-day course, we highlight differences and similarities between MySQL and Postgres and prepare you with knowledge and hands-on lab experience. Content is well suited for database administrators (DBAs) of all experience levels.
Talk to an expert to start planning your training course today.
About the One-Day MySQL & PostgreSQL Course
In our one-day MySQL & PostgreSQL course, we provide the knowledge needed for teams to start working with MySQL & PostgreSQL in enterprise systems.
What Will You Learn?
We provide a survey of MySQL and a more substantial look into the administration, security, and production-hardening of open source databases. You will walk out of this course with the knowledge and hands-on experience needed to tackle production Postgres issues.
Standard Course Agenda
Training is provided in a series of modules along with lab time to give your team hands-on experience.
- MySQL Architecture Review including a review of data models, structure, requirements, management tools and software, and physical vs. logical modeling
- MySQL Deep Dive including an intro to Postgres; monitoring and auditing; and backup/restore
- PostgreSQL Tactical Training including installation; local security; and PGAdmin
Lab: How to use PostgreSQL in your environment
- PostgreSQL Theory including architecture; system catalog; database processes; SQL compliance; tablespaces; and best practices
Lab: Creating and Interacting With a Database
- PostgreSQL Administration Deep-Dive including command line administration; PGAdmin administration; Config Files; users and roles, and testing against profiles; and backup and restore options
Lab: Creating Production-Ready Postgres
- PostgreSQL at Scale including security auditing; monitoring solutions; vertical scaling; high availability options; and WAL Streaming/DR
How is the Course Delivered?
This course is delivered on-site or via online classroom format as a one-day workshop. The minimum class size is 5 participants, and we recommend no more than 15 attendees to accommodate corresponding lab work for an optimal training experience.
Before finalizing your training agenda, we schedule a 30-minute introductory call with you to establish any custom elements you may require.
Meet Your Instructor
OpenLogic has a team of enterprise architects (EAs) who average 15 years of experience. Each one of our EAs has deep expertise with traditional open source databases, with many specializing in Postgres and MySQL. Our EAs have developed database applications, created reporting systems, assisted data scientists, and saved the day during critical outages. With their depth and breadth of experience, you can be confident they are the right people to have in the room to train your team on MySQL and Postgres.
Request Training for Your Team Today
Enhance user and team productivity, accelerate learning, and achieve success faster with MySQL and PostgreSQL through instructor-led training from OpenLogic.
Contact us today to get started!