Facebook and LinkedIn dominate their space largely because of bulletproof technology stacks. Traditional database and streaming technologies couldn't cut the mustard, so these Big Tech firms rolled their own, and then open-sourced the code. Alongside Apache Spark, we now see Cassandra and Kafka revolutionizing the use of data to a scale and depth never seen before.
For the enterprise, these success stories fundamentally changed the game. Open-source software (OSS) is now the trusted foundation, not just for the operating system (Linux), but for a whole host of solutions up the stack.
About the Webinar
In this webinar, Perforce Chief Evangelist Javier Perez explain why OSS is ready for primetime. He'll be joined by Bloor Group CEO Eric Kavanagh, who will offer insights about the rapid evolution of enterprise IT in the era of open-source.
- How OSS has cemented itself within the enterprise
- The current state of the industry and the OSS stacks leading the way
- How market events and trends are shaping the future of open source
- Why OSS support is mission-critical for success in the enterprise
Talk to an OSS Expert
Have questions about how you can deploy a future-proof open source stack? Need support for the open source you're already deploying? Our experts are standing by to answer your questions.
- White Paper - The New Stack: Cassandra, Kafka, and Spark
- Gartner Report - A CTO's Guide to Top Practices for Open-Source Software
- On-Demand Webinar - Enabling AI/ML/DL at Scale
- On-Demand Webinar - Harnessing Four Mega-Trends in Data Tech